The formula for success involves some unique math: 1 + 1 = 3. No, this is not an addition mistake. Rather, it is a multiplication strategy. At BVK, we call it demand+brand. It is our strategy for telling a compelling and defensible story of business growth for health plans. Coupling values-based brand building with lead generation and customer experience best practices produces the potential for short-term sales and long-term growth and differentiation.
There are three pillars to the brand+demand model and each makes a valuable contribution to business growth. 1. Brand Craving, 2. Lead Generation, and 3. Customer Experience. In this segment, we’ll unpack lead generation for health plans.
In our perpetually connected digital world, one amplified by the isolation of the pandemic, a website optimized for lead generation is the ideal digital hub for health plans. Key aspects of a highly functional demand generation website are rooted in common sense but often overlooked. Without the digital hub operating on all cylinders, lead generation campaigns often fall flat.
- Include a contact number. Adding a contact number to your website might seem counterintuitive, especially if you are marketing digitally. However, doing so builds consumer trust and lends credibility to your offer. The presence of a phone number breeds confidence in your brand.
- Post forms everywhere. Having easy access to the actual lead generation form is paramount to increasing the number of viable leads generated by your website.
- Use power words. Powerful, action-oriented verbs bring your health plan offer to life and are a compelling way to express the benefits of your brand over competitors.
- Add testimonials. Testimonials can be a powerful marketing tool, particularly if supported by photos and video or audio. Having your members share their experiences is a simple and effective way to add credibility to your plan.
- Consider the end goal first. When optimizing your site, begin with the end in mind. What exactly does a lead mean to you? Defining your goal will enable you to test and analyze leads with greater clarity.
Once a digital hub is solidified, we begin to build a lead generation strategy that drives traffic to the website center point. There are four pillars of building volume that include:
Craving is centered on audience profiles that pinpoint opportunity areas, cravings, and habits that can inform position and message development, tight targeting, and personalization.
The offer is grounded in a messaging strategy that advances business growth in a relevant, differentiated, and compelling way.
Connections Strategy identifies the trigger, timing, and channel in order to optimize results.
Results are measured and optimized in real time.
Leads are built with content. It is the focal point in messaging. Whether in an ad, an email, or website—content that fills unique needs, is timely, and generates interest among high-value prospects.
This is a data-driven approach to precision modeling that defines the customer journey with key inflection points that are mapped to both audience segments and media channels for a fully integrated process intended to build and close leads.